Human Resources Director
Company: Biagi Bros.
Posted on: February 20, 2021
Human Resources Director
Benefits Offered: 401K, Dental, Life, Medical, Vision
Employment Type: Full-Time
Why Work Here?
Family owned business since 1986, with great culture and
The Director HR is a member of the executive management team and is
responsible for overseeing the Human Resources function within the
organization. This is accomplished by providing leadership in
developing and executing human resources programs in support of the
overall business plan and strategic direction of the organization,
specifically in the areas of recruitment, change management, legal
compliance, employee relations, performance management, training
and development, leave management, policy development, compensation
and benefits. The Director HR provides strategic leadership by
effectively communicating Human Resource goals and plans to the
company owners, the executive management team, managers and
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Establish and implement HR programs that effectively
communicate and support the company s mission statement, vision and
- Develop HR plans and strategies to support the achievement of
the overall business objectives, as well as the HR department
- Function as a strategic business advisor to the owners and
executive/senior management regarding key organizational,
compliance and management issues.
- Develop comprehensive strategic recruiting and retention plans
to meet the workforce planning needs to reach operational
- Develop and implement comprehensive compensation and benefit
plans that are competitive and cost effective for the
- Provide overall leadership and guidance in HR function by
overseeing talent acquisition, career development, succession
planning, retention, training and leadership development, payroll,
leave management, employee relations, risk management, compliance,
compensation and benefits.
- Manage HR vendor selection and contract negotiations.
- Punctuality and regular attendance is mandatory.
- HR expenditure responsibility, payroll and benefit
- Maintains a salary administration program including but not
limited to current position descriptions, pay structure,
promotional path, administration for the periodic increases and
participating in appropriate labor market salary surveys for annual
- Coordinates with Managers the recruiting, job postings,
screening, interviewing, hiring offer letters, and reference checks
- Oversees benefit program; negotiates with and is responsible
for benefit provider management for employee health and welfare
programs and services. Conducts employee benefit open enrollment
- Ensures that company policies, procedures and programs are in
compliance with laws and regulations and meet the standard of best
- Promotes positive employee relations through design,
communication and interpretation of human resource policies and
- Conducts periodic research and analysis in areas such as
employee turnover, benefit program benchmarking, labor market
salary surveys, competitive pay and benefits, training,
- Responsible for new employee onboarding and benefit enrollment
procedures, ensuring employees and corporate HR receives the
information in a timely manner.
- Oversees Employee Relationships: Ensures Employee Relations
Manager has the materials and tools needed to build and sustain
- Technology: Researching, negotiating and implementing the best
HRIS systems to meet the needs or the organization, both in
efficiency and cost.
- Terminations: Ensuring legal and effective documentation and
termination procedures are adhered to. Mitigate risk, and oversee
actions to carry out the exiting of employees.
- Advise and consult with managers on disciplinary actions and
terminations; provide support for management and employee conflict
- Liaison between company and Legal Counsel. Attend
employee-related deposition and hearings as needed
- Investigations - effectively responds to sensitive issues,
complex inquiries or complaints from customers, co-worker,
supervisors and management in a timely and confidential
- Provide interpretation of corporate policies and
- First line of defense in formal complaints
- Responsible for and directs all responsibilities described
above, in a hands-on manner, while providing leadership, and
positioning the Company as a great place to work.
Supervises Payroll Specialist, Benefits & Employee Relations
Manager, Human Resources Administrator, and Human Resources
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Requires 10+ years of experience in Human Resources management,
preferably in logistics or related industry, who will be able to
strategically and tactically evaluate and implement sophisticated
HR related programs and initiatives; be able to work with a variety
of organizational leadership to build consensus around HR strategy
and tactics; have a demonstrated background in recruitment and
leadership management; as well as have a proven ability to attract
and retain outstanding talent and assemble and motivate high
- The selected executive must have the ability to bring immediate
credibility to the human resources function through his/her
professional qualifications and leadership skills as well as
project the highest levels of integrity and ethical behavior.
Superior interpersonal communication and presentation skills as
well as proven organizational skills are required.
Education and Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- At minimum a BS/BA degree from an accredited
college/university; MBA or Master s degree preferred.
- PHR, SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP or SPHR certification preferred.
Experience Knowledge, Skills and General Abilities:
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of MS Office, Excel, Word,
Visio, Power Point and Outlook
- Familiar with HRMS and payroll systems.
- Familiar with payroll laws, taxes and requirements.
- Familiar with ERISA laws.
- Familiar with state and federal labor, wage and hour laws.
Other Special Skills and Abilities:
- Motivation: Must be ambitious, like to work hard, be highly
motivated, and able to work in a fast-paced environment. Must share
the senior management team s vision of building a world class
- Leadership: Proven track record of leadership, including
mentoring, coaching, and the development of staff.
- Integrity: Has highest standards of integrity reflected in all
external and internal communications.
- Confidentiality: Must be highly confidential in all
communications to establish trust rapport with employees.
- Communication: Exceptional communicator in written, graphical
and oral forms, with a collaborative and flexible style.
- Personality: Self-motivated, high energy, respectful, honest,
hard-working and loyal team player.
- Problem solving: Must have the ability to objectively consider
issue and resolve to a desired outcome.
- Multitask: Must have the ability to multitask and stay on track
amidst constant interruptions and demands for your time.
- Handle stressful situations: Must be able to handle stressful
situations calmly and confidently.
- Professionalism: Must exude professionalism at all
- Listening: Must be a fantastic listener.
- Ability to turn around accurate work/projects quickly without
losing sight of others things that also need to be
About Biagi Bros., Inc.:
A full-service logistics company, Biagi Bros provides businesses
and organizations with 3PL & supply chain solutions. Because our
distribution centers, warehouses and truck terminals are
strategically located throughout the U.S., we can resolve logistics
challenges in creative ways. Biagi Bros. is a family-owned and
operated company that was founded on a philosophy of
relationship-driven business. More than three decades later, we
still believe that our logistics company success is due to building
Apply Online Below
We are an equal opportunity employer. Veterans are encouraged to
Keywords: Biagi Bros., Napa , Human Resources Director, Professions , Napa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!