Contract Administrator/Project Administrator
Company: Alston Construction
Posted on: May 23, 2023
Job Title: Contract Administrator/Project Administrator
Job Summary: Responsible for ensuring exceptional contract and
project administration services and support.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The CA/PA will be primarily involved with performing the following
duties and responsibilities:
- Assist Project Managers with creating Invitations to Bid (ITBs)
for new projects.
- Assemble contract packages and change order packages to include
ITBs, Proposals, Exhibits, Schedule of Values, etc. and provide a
copy to the Superintendent.
- Assemble, copy, and distribute subcontracts and subcontractor
change orders. Ensure subcontractor information in SPERS is
complete and has been approved prior to sending out subcontracts.
File SPERS documents. Evaluate and rate subcontractors' insurance
per the SPERS process and in coordination with Risk
- Process subcontracts, change orders and purchase orders within
two business days of receipt.
- Prepare and maintain correspondence to subcontractors, to
include plans, submittals, requests for information (RFIs), and
- Set up and maintain physical and electronic project
- File executed contracts and change orders (physical and
electronic), accurate insurance certificates, and related
- Enter all contracts and change orders in Timberline as pending.
The CA/PA is responsible for any holds placed on contracts due to
licensing or insurance non-compliance.
- Track outstanding contracts and change orders and notify
appropriate individual(s) of delinquent documents and track
documents through the office and back out to the subcontractor once
- Track and handle distribution of submittals and RFIs.
- Coordinate requests from owners for proof of liability
- Collect insurance certificates from subcontractors, review for
completeness and compliance, and enter in Textura.
- Update and maintain contact list in Prolog, including the
creation of the subcontractor contact list for each project. These
lists will also be incorporated into the Operations and Maintenance
(O&M) Manual at the close of the project.
- Prepare O&M manuals.
- Provide point-of-contact support for subcontractors.
- Manage aerial photography for all projects.
- Assist with preparation of monthly project status
- Assist Superintendents with set up of jobsite trailer
- Manage maintenance of database for project archives, including
all field documents.
This position will also require performance of the following
- Provide Alston Construction-related administrative support to
- Handle incoming and outgoing mail and couriers, incoming phone
calls on the main office line, and office visitors.
- Oversee office supply inventory and ordering.
- Oversee maintenance of office equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Comply with all safety policies, report suspected safety
concerns, make recommendations for enhancements to the safety
program, and visibly support and uphold the company's strong safety
- Remain current in all company required safety training and
- Acknowledge and celebrate safe behaviors and actions of
- Understand and work within the accepted ethical standards of
- Support and encourage diversity on projects and team. Visibly
support and promote fair and equal treatment and opportunity for
- Remain current in all company required training and
- Stay abreast of changes in the industry, best practices, and
other industry information by appropriate reading, meetings,
conferences, networking, etc.
- Continuously find ways to take on challenges, increase skills
and capacity, and improve knowledge and performance.
Education, Experience, and Licensing/Certifications:
- High School Diploma and a minimum of 2 years of related
administrative experience with a construction general contractor,
including specific experience with contracts and projects
administration. An equivalent combination of education and
experience will be considered.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Strong administrative skills and proficiency in working with
computers, Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Outlook, Prolog, and
- Strong understanding of construction documents and insurance
and a good overall understanding of the construction
- Ability to work well independently with minimal supervision, as
well as in a team environment.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Professional demeanor and effective interpersonal skills;
ability to successfully interface with and to maintain good working
relationships with clients, co-workers, managers, subcontractors,
vendors, and others.
- Excellent skills in organization, time management, planning,
- Proactive and readily adaptable to changing conditions or
demands and ability to work well under pressure and with tight
- Frequently required to sit.
- Repetitive use of keyboard and mouse.
- Extensive reading from documents and computer. Specific vision
abilities include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision,
depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Occasionally be required to walk, stand, stoop, kneel, or
- Lift up to 10 lbs.
- The CA/PA's duties and responsibilities take place in the
- Work environment and dress is conducive to a professional
Benefits:Top Tier Benefit Package, including medical, dental,
vision, prescription safety glasses, short-term disability,
long-term disability, life insurance/AD&D, HSA, health FSA,
dependent daycare FSA, EAP, 401(k), Roth 401(k), After-Tax Roth
In-Plan Conversion; paid vacation and sick time, paid holidays,
tuition reimbursement, Tickets at Work, paid Identity Theft
Protection (family coverage), a great place to work, and more!
Pay Scale-$35 to $45 per hour
Keywords: Alston Construction, Napa , Contract Administrator/Project Administrator, Other , Napa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...