2nd Press Operator - Rotational Shift
Company: Multi-Color Corporation
Posted on: March 17, 2023
Build your Career with an Industry LeaderMulti-Color Corporation
and Fort Dearborn have merged and are now the world's largest prime
label and packaging supplier. Join the new MCC and you will have
the opportunity to become part of an organization that has been
committed to excellence and industry leadership for over 110 years.
Second Operator is responsible for supporting the Lead Press
Operator in all job functions as outlined per primary duties and
responsibilities to ensure maximum quality and productivity. While
executing the duties of a Second Press Operator, Lead Press
Operator skills and tasks will be trained as the goal is for Second
Pressman to support by filling in gaps as Lead Operator when
necessary. -Why work at MCC: -
- Compensation: $24.00 - $27.00 hourly
- Generous benefits package including medical, dental, vision,
disability, life insurance and 401(k)
- Paid Holidays: New Years, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor
Day, Thanksgiving, Day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas
Day, plus two floating HolidaysResponsibilities:This includes but
is not limited to:
- Check press schedule and make sure all components are ready for
next job to insure a quick change over
- Verify with Set-up crew that all elements are correct and set
up (e.g. tooling, screen/foil units, etc.)
- Collect job bag, job record, correct reading folder, and color
cards. Review all relevant information with Operator before
starting make ready.
- Make sure correct job stock/foil and make ready are available
at press side.
- Ensure that all other preparation has been performed before job
is on press (e.g. bend plates, inks and varnishes at press, screen
at press, etc.) utilizing existing checklists. - -If anything is
missing advise Team Leader.
- Assist Lead Operator with make ready as directed.
- Perform necessary QA testing such as bar code scans, UPC
checks, copy verification, and color verification. - -Assist Lead
Pressman with machine adjustments to ensure proper press
registration. Continuously and proactively monitor inks, water,
paper, foil, and varnishes on the run and ensure the correct
amounts to complete the run
- Communicate with internal resources such as prepress, ink room,
and warehouse if additional raw materials or supplies are
- Inform Operator of any quality, color, and fit issues
- Proactively read pressroom schedules and prepare the next
upcoming job (utilizing checklists).
- Assist with wash-up and changeover of press. All 2ndoperators
should have the ability to wash up the offset units and change over
any part of the press. (all changeovers should be all hands-on
- Return any paper or foil with proper identification and bar
code immediately after job is complete to the warehouse
- Put job record back in binder. (update and organize job records
- Responsible for following all task breakdowns
- Be proactive. Always be a step ahead of operator
- Maintain a clean work area and follow all 5S standards
- Be respectful to the crews before and after you
- Make sure press supplies are filled at end of shift
- Make sure trash bins and dirty rag containers are emptied at
end of shift
- Make sure unused inks and coatings are returned to ink room or
properly dumped into waste drums.
- Be self-driven and motivated to help on any other press(es) as
support is needed.
- Help change over presses when changeover lights are activated.
All changeovers should be all hands-on deck (teamwork).
- Be engaged in the printing process to expand on your own
- Keep press running to cover Lead Press Operator breaks when
requested by supervisor.Physical environment/working conditions:
-Print shop manufacturing, Standing 80%, walking80%, pulling 30%,
and lifting 50%MCC welcomes and encourages applications from people
with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for
candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. MCC
is an equal opportunity employer. -#NAPIND
Keywords: Multi-Color Corporation, Napa , 2nd Press Operator - Rotational Shift, Other , Napa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...