Digital Press Operator - Level 2, Tapp Label
Company: G3 Enterprises
Posted on: March 15, 2023
G3 Enterprises is an industry leader in packaging, logistics, real estate and minerals solutions. Our diverse portfolio of businesses create a variety of opportunities for career growth. We believe in fully leveraging the talent within our organization, presenting employees with challenging work, opportunities for job rotations, special projects, and a changing landscape. Apply Today! We Exist for You to Succeed.
Under general supervision, responsible for operating a Digital Printing Press, including but not limited to keeping the press calibrated and fed consistently with the correct paper stock, and conducting Preventative Maintenance as needed. May operate multiple Digital Presses simultaneously.
This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
* Anticipates the next job and prepares paper stock, plates and ink before the make ready.
* Completes all Make-ready activities.
* Stages upcoming jobs as needed, following lean principles and practices.
* Uses Radius production management system to accurately record time and materials data and ensures that all the correct data is keyed into Radius including punch in and punch out as well as job assignment times.
* Relieves other Digital Operators as needed for lunch and breaks.
* Participates in trouble shooting problems on press.
* Communicates the ending job and shift status to the next shift operator coming on shift.
* Performs preventative maintenance on the press as assigned enlisting the help of other Digital Press Operators and maintenance department as required.
* Follows up to ensure press assistants are conducting tasks in order to complete operations and conduct a successful shift.
* Trains L1 operators to ensure best in class for Digital Press Operations.
* Trains L1 operators to help prepare them for L2 Certifications.
* Continuously improves all operating practices, using data to drive decisions.
* Informs the Press/Finishing Team Leader of shift irregularities especially those involving down time, quality and press problems. Utilizes Radius downtime codes for tracking purposes.
* Follows Company Safety Standards and Procedures at all times.
* Observes recycling guidelines and limits waste of materials and supplies while consistently meeting or exceeding quality requirements with the minimum amount of waste.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* High school diploma or State-issued equivalency certificate plus 1 year of print manufacturing experience.
* Must currently possess an L1 Certification in Digital Press Operations.
* Required to pass an L2 Certification within 18 months of accepting position.
* Required to pass the Farnsworth-Munsell 100-Hue Color Vision Test with a Superior score.
* Required to frequently lift and move up to 70 pounds.
* Required to work rotating shifts and overtime as necessary.
* Skilled in the use of MS Office products at a basic level.
* Skilled in reading, comprehending, interpreting and executing simple instructions, short correspondence and memos.
* Skilled in writing simple correspondence.
* Skilled in adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing using whole and fractional numbers.
* Prior experience through technical training or technical school or college-level business or printing coursework.
* Premium label experience.
* Possesses an L2 Certification or higher .
* 4 years of experience with mid-web or narrow web presses.
* Experience running a press independently.
* X-Rite and/or Greytag Color experience.
* Advanced understanding of in-fed and out-fed web tensions.
* Experience with Production Management System (Radius), Excel, Word, Access and Outlook.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, most of the work time is spent standing, and frequently walking and reaching with hands and arms.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
Perks & Benefits
Keywords: G3 Enterprises, Napa , Digital Press Operator - Level 2, Tapp Label, Other , Napa, California
here to apply!