Company: E. & J. Gallo Winery
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Press Tab to Move to Skip to Content Link Hi, my name is Rob
Donoho and I lead the Gallo Supply Chain Team. At Gallo, supply
chain includes demand and supply planning, sourcing,
co-manufacturing, warehousing, logistics, new product management,
and quality. The type of people who excel on this team are people
oriented problem solvers. People who enjoy a challenge and love
solving puzzles, while keeping a smile on their face, often find
working on the Gallo Supply Chain Team very satisfying. Does that
sound like you? If so, I hope you'll join us on the Gallo Supply
Chain Team. With a global portfolio of over 100 unique wine and
spirits brands, we are the largest family-owned winery in the
world. Apply Today! Our Brands. Your Future.Viticulturist 1 - Ghost
PinesWhat You'll Do:Job OverviewViticulturist participates in
production vineyard activities focused on vine and soil health.
Provides technical support to vineyard site managers and senior
level staff by performing daily activities in pest monitoring,
yield estimation, plant nutrition and practical vineyard
improvement trials. The role also provides vineyard troubleshooting
as well as basic statistical and graphical vineyard analysis to
related groups within winegrowing, including winemaking,
engineering and environmental services.Job Responsibilities-
- Participates in the development, management, and maintenance of
vineyard plantings and field experiments in viticulture.
- Participates in plant propagation, vine training and
trellising, and treatment application.
- Applies cultural manipulations include pruning, irrigation, and
crop load management.
- Maintains and implements appropriate experimental protocols and
field plot designs.
- Coordinates treatment applications and vine manipulations with
vineyard managers and other personnel.
- Participates in data collection and basic statistical
- Participates in the maintenance of viticulture laboratory
facility at the including equipment and supply inventory.
- Participates in the management of experimental wine
- Performs basic statistical and graphic analyses using Excel,
SigmaPlot and other appropriate statistical software.
- Maintains satisfactory attendance, to include timeliness.
- Responsible for understanding and complying with applicable
quality, environmental and safety regulatory considerations. If
accountable for the work of others, responsible for ensuring their
understanding and compliance.What You Will Need:
- Bachelor's degree in Viticulture, Plant Biology, Plant Science,
or Agriculture; OR Bachelor of Science degree with a combined 20
college coursework units of biology, microbiology, physics, organic
chemistry or physical chemistry.
- Must have a valid driver's license and a safe driving record.
Required to obtain a California driver's license or appropriate
state driver's license within 30 days of hire
- Required to travel to vineyard locations throughout California.
Occasional over-night travel.
- Required to lift and move up to 40 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include color
- Required to travel to company offices, sites, and/or meeting
locations for onboarding, training, meetings, and events for
development, department needs, and business delivery up to 5% of
the time, with or without reasonable accommodation. This may be in
addition to travel requirements, if applicable, as listed in this
- Hiring Salary Range Posted: $60,600 -- $91,000
- Actual compensation paid within the range will be determined by
factors such as the education, experience, knowledge, skills and
abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with
- This position includes a competitive benefits package.
- Please click here to view our full list of benefits or click
here to watch our video.Gallo does not sponsor for employment based
visas for this position now or in the future.To view a full job
description, please click here .Requisition ID: 101561
-#LI-SS1OPE001Gallo is an Equal Employment opportunity and
Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of
race, traits historically associated with race, including but not
limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles (such as braids,
locks, and twists), color, national origin, ancestry, creed,
religion, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition
as defined by applicable state law (including cancer and
predisposing genetic characteristics in California), genetic
information, marital status, familial status, sex, gender, gender
identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth or related
medical conditions, sexual orientation (actual or perceived),
transgender status, sex stereotyping, age, military or veteran
status, domestic violence or sexual assault victim status, or any
other basis protected by applicable law. -We also consider
qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with
applicable federal, state and local law. Gallo is committed to
providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with
disabilities in our recruiting process. -If you need any assistance
or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at
Nearest Major Market: Napa
Job Segment: Compliance, Equity, Law, Legal, Finance
Keywords: E. & J. Gallo Winery, Napa , Viticulturist 1, Other , Napa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!