Cellar Operator II - Stag's Leap Wine Cellars
Company: Ste. Michelle Wine Estates
Posted on: September 22, 2022
Stag's Leap Wine Cellars is a luxury wine estate that is proud
to call Napa Valley our home. We are best known for producing the
Cabernet Sauvignon that beat the best of Bordeaux in the 1976
Judgment of Paris. Today, we specialize in Cabernet Sauvignon but
also produce Sauvignon Blanc and Chardonnay and several wines that
are only available direct to consumer. Our wines are a force for
gatherings and conversations to serve the well-being of our
consumers, our communities, and our land. This approach has
resulted in our ability to offer consumers outstanding and
distinctive wines from one of the best regions in world.
We are currently seeking highly qualified candidates for a Cellar
In this role, you will:
* Wash and sanitize all wine contact equipment.
* Do all stages of barrel work on metal racks and stacks
* Complete work orders - measurements, formulas, etc.
* Assist with the following tasks: Move, rack, blend, fine, filter,
and complete additions to wine.
* Evaluate wine surface and headspace for films and off-aromas.
* Assist in Preparing and breakdown bottling.
* Assist with operating all crush equipment including presses.
* Operate a forklift.
* Perform all job functions in strict adherence to company Health
and Safety protocols, and in accordance with quality control
standards and standard equipment operating procedures.
* Performs other duties as assigned by manager.
* Projects can take place both indoors and outdoors where
temperatures can range from cold to hot depending on the
* Noise level is usually moderate.
* Full body mobility: Ability to stand; walk; sit; use tools or
controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance,
* Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
* Regularly required to roll, move, and/or lift 60-gallon empty
wine barrels when needed.
We are seeking candidates with the following qualifications:
* High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
* Must be 21 years of age.
* Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English.
* Ability to read and understand all Material Safety Data Sheets
* Ability to follow work orders and written instructions.
* Ability to accurately calculate figures.
* Valid Driver's License.
* Must be able to be certified in forklift operation.
* Ability to work nights and/or weekends during the harvest season
or as business requires.
* Creative, flexible, and innovative team player.
* Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet
* Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within
changing priorities with enthusiasm.
* Commitment to excellence and high standards.
* At least one to two years of previous wine or beverage production
* History of responsible use of alcohol and other appropriate
conduct, as well as fitness to be licensed, permitted, and/or
certified by state and/or local regulatory bodies.
Who you are:
* You are curious and continuously learn and grow your
* You respect and value the power of conversation to bring people
together, learn and tackle problems.
* You value inclusion and work to build an environment where
everyone feels encouraged and every voice is heard.
* You are innovative and have the courage to pursue new
* You make an impact by being ambitious and taking action.
We believe in developing the leadership potential of our employees
by providing opportunities for training, development and
In addition to the opportunity to apply and develop your skills
toward key business objectives, we offer an excellent compensation
package including a competitive base salary, comprehensive health
insurance, participation in our 401k programs and incentive
Stag's Leap Wine Cellars is part of Ste. Michelle Wine Estates and
is an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
sexual orientation, disability, gender identity, protected veteran
status, or other protected class. For more information, see the
EEOC's "Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law" poster.
Keywords: Ste. Michelle Wine Estates, Napa , Cellar Operator II - Stag's Leap Wine Cellars, Other , Napa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!