Wet Glue Litho Press Operator II
Company: Multi-Color Corporation
Posted on: September 14, 2021
Multi-Color is one of the largest and most awarded label
companies in the world, servicing segments such as Home & Personal
Care, Food & Beverage, Wine &
Spirits and Consumer Durables. A true global leader, our
state-of-the-art facilities operate in over 26
Our 10,000+ employees are guided by our core
values: Integrity, Passion, Creativity,
Achievement. These values constantly
guide our interactions and decision making at
Responsible for supporting the Lead Press Operators in all job
functions as outlined per primary duties and responsibilities to
ensure best quality and maximum productivity. The number one
priority of the set up crew is to ensure the pressmen have what
they need to keep the presses running!
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
This includes but is not limited to:
- Check press schedule and make sure all components are ready for
next job to insure a quick change over.
- Verify with Set-up crew that all elements are correct and set
up. (e.g. tooling, screen/foil units, etc.)
- Ensure screen units have all components. (make sure squeegee
blade is ground and in good shape)
- Collect job bag, job record, correct reading folder, and speci.
Review all relevant information with Operator before starting make
- Make sure correct job stock/foil and make ready rolls are at
- Ensure that all other preparation has been performed before job
is actually on press (e.g. plates mounted, inks and varnishes at
press, screen at press, etc.) If anything is missing advise Team
- Assist Operator with make ready.
- Do scuff test and read bar code. This can be done
- (in most cases) prior to sign off once all elements of print
are on job stock.
- Continuously and proactively monitor inks, paper, foil, and
varnishes on all presses during the run and ensure there are
sufficient amounts to complete the run.
- Cover for the pressmen when they take breaks/lunch.
- Prepare for next print change (e.g. mount plates, get ink,
- Assist with wash-up and changeover of press. All 2nd operators
should have the ability to wash up the units and change over any
part of the press. (changeovers should be all hands on deck)
- Tag and return to the Warehouse any paper or foil with proper
identification and bar code immediately after job is complete.
- File job record back in binder. (update job records as
- Responsible for following all task breakdowns.
- Be proactive. Always be a step ahead of operator.
- Responsible for providing 1st Operator with roll tags.
- Make sure press supplies are filled at end of shift.
- Maintain a clean work area and follow all 5S standards. Wipe
down presses, sweep and mop the floor.
- Make sure trash bins and dirty rag containers are emptied at
end of shift.
- Make sure unused inks and coatings are returned to ink room or
properly dumped in to waste drums.
- Make sure shift change items are done and checklist is
initialed and reviewed with next shift.
- Responsible for helping other presses, regardless of your
- Medical Insurance &
Prescription Drug Coverage
- Health Savings
- 401(k) Savings Plan
with company match
- Basic Life and
- Employee Assistance
- Wage progression
- Vacation and
Keywords: Multi-Color Corporation, Napa , Wet Glue Litho Press Operator II, Other , Napa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!