Company: Ste. Michelle Wine Estates
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Stag's Leap Wine Cellars/Ste Michelle Wine Estates are a
collection of distinctive wine estates and maker of some of the
finest wines in the world. As a result, our wines are a force for
gatherings and conversations to serve the well-being of our
consumers, our communities and our land. This approach has resulted
in our ability to offer our consumers outstanding and distinctive
wines from some of the best regions in the world.
Stags Leap Wine Cellars is currently seeking highly qualified
candidates for a Vineyard/Lab Intern to join our team in Napa
In this internship, you will:
The intern will be responsible for berry and cluster sampling at
estate and grower vineyards throughout Napa Valley. In addition,
the intern will also be responsible for performing all harvest lab
This position will strive to match your education, experiences,
and professional goals with applicable company programs.
Responsibilities may include work in one or more of the following
- Gather, process, and record grape maturity samples
- Assist with crop estimates and measurement of vine moisture
status, pest and disease monitoring.
- Must be proficient in ability to build and maintain Excel
- Performs other duties as assigned by manager
- Basic wet chemistry and enzymatic analysis for juice must and
- Accurate lab record keeping.
- Tank/barrel sampling and nutrient additions.
- Brix and temperatures for our fermentations.
- Bottling QC (if need it).
- Tissue and Soil sampling.
- Interacts with Custom Crush Partners at offsite crush
- Perform basic barrel/cellar work as needed to support
- Work long hours as required at harvest which may include night
shift and weekend work.Working Environment:
- Performs all job functions in strict adherence to company
Health and Safety protocols, and in accordance with quality control
standards and standard equipment operating procedures.
- Ability and desire to work outdoors during inclement weather
conditions on a regular basis.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to perform in an environmental with regular exposure to
various indoor and outdoor weather conditions.
We are seeking candidates with the following qualifications:
- College degree in related field or coursework working towards
- Knowledge of basic chemistry is required.
- Valid driver's license.
- Reliable transportation, current insurance, and a clean DMV
- Knowledge of basic computer programs including Word and
- Ability to read, write, speak and fluent in English.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work and learn
within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Passion and interest for the wine industry desired.
- In addition to the opportunity to apply and develop your skills
toward key business objectives, we offer an excellent compensation
package including a competitive base salary.
- History of responsible use of alcohol and other appropriate
conduct, as well as fitness to be licensed, permitted, and/or
certified by state and/or local regulatory bodies.
We believe in developing the leadership skills of our employees
by providing opportunities for training, development and
Ste. Michelle Wine Estates/Stags Leap Wine Cellars is an equal
opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual
orientation, disability, gender identity, protected veteran status,
or other protected class. Should you have a disability that
requires assistance and/or reasonable accommodation with the job
application process, please contact the Human Resources department
at 509 875 4209.
Keywords: Ste. Michelle Wine Estates, Napa , Vineyard/Lab Intern, Other , Napa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!