RN Manager Home Health
Company: St. Joseph Health
Posted on: June 8, 2021
We are looking for an RN Manager, Home Health for the Napa Home
Health Indirect Department at St. Joseph Home Care Network.
Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text with
some additional questions from our Modern Hire system.
Location: Napa, CA
Work Schedule: Full time - 80 biweekly hours
Shift: 8 hour, Days
The Manager of Home Health manages and coordinates the day to
day operations of the home health interdisciplinary team to ensure
quality and appropriateness of care and availability of services
with appropriate staffing. The Home Health Manager facilitates and
oversees quality initiatives and program implementation. This
position ensures that services are provided in a cost-effective
manner and in accordance with the policies and procedures of the
organization and conforms to all appropriate accrediting and
- Monitors staffing and identifies staffing needs to assure
adequate staff coverage to meet safe and timely patient care
- Manages resources to meet the annual operating budget; manages
productivity and practices cost containment; analyzes outcomes,
understands third party reimbursement guidelines and methods.
- Demonstrates effective problem solving skills and follow
through on patient care issues, including notification of
appropriate personnel, and/or physician; collaborates with the
Director of Home Health as needed.
- Provides ongoing guidance and support to clinical field and
office staff to ensure patient needs are met according to the care
plan; requires the home health manager to be available for guidance
and support to clinical staff according to the time of services
- Manages the performance of assigned clinical team members,
including nurses, social workers, home health aides, and office
- Conducts all interactions with staff in a fair, consistent and
- Promptly and fully investigates and resolves complaints of
patients, families, physicians, team members, etc. through own
action or referral to a higher authority.
- Provides timely feedback to direct reports, including
addressing performance weaknesses and coaching staff for
improvement. Initiates progressive discipline and counseling
collaboratively with Director of Home Health and Human
- Completes performance appraisals in a timely manner.
- Oversees and assists with coordination and continuum of care.
Collaborates among home health disciplines and the rest of the
comprehensive health care team. Appropriately triages incoming
phone calls, interacts extensively with physicians, patients,
families and all levels of staff, both in the agency and in the
- Manages team schedules including afterhours, weekend, and
- Manages utilization of goods and services.
- Oversees patient initial and ongoing Plan of Treatment,
recertification and discharge care and documentation to ensure
compliance with agency policy, law and regulations.
- Completes joint supervisory home visits to ensure compliance
with network policies, assess competence of staff, and compliance
with Standard Precautions, and quality of care delivery.
- Collaborates with QA/PI staff to provide completion of specific
management reports for timeliness of certifications,
recertification's, and compliance with managed care
- Participates in agency Improving Organizational Performance
- Acts as a role model to facilitate change, development, and
retention of staff with a focus on employee engagement.
- Oversees completion of Compliance Education.
- Knowledgeable in policies, regulations and governing body
- Effective communication skills (verbal and written).
- Ability to prioritize and critically think.
- Good understanding of computer software and can easily adapt to
- Organizational skills.
- Ability to follow Agency's policies and applicable laws.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints,
regulatory agencies or members of the business community.
- Time management.
- Knowledgeable of federal Conditions of Participation, state
licensing regulations and accreditation standards and is able to
interpret regulations for clinical staff to ensure patient
advocacy, informed decision making and compliance with policies and
- Knowledgeable of OASIS, basic coding, evidence-based care
- Knowledge of human resource principles and network policy.
- Current knowledge in clinical area.
- Demonstrates customer service skills.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
Education: Bachelor's Degree - Obtain Bachelor's degree in
Nursing or related field in next 6 years.
- 1 year of Leadership/supervisory experience.
- 2 years of Clinical experience within the last 5 years in home
health primary care clinic or health facility.
- Current California RN license.
- CA Driver's License.
- Proof of auto insurance.
- Current BLS.
Preferred Position Qualifications:
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
- Experience in Regulatory Survey Preparation.
- Experience in Medicare Home health.
License/Certification: PHN certification
St. Joseph Home Care Network (SJHCN) is a Home Health ministry
of St. Joseph Health, serving three Northern California counties;
Humboldt County, Napa County and Sonoma County.
Our networks of compassionate, highly skilled employees are
dedicated to putting the patient first to improve the health of
individuals and families in our community.
The Home Health caregivers assist in restoring a patient's
optimal health and support the family by going into the home and
ministering to the physical, psychological and spiritual needs of
the patient and family members.
Our home care services are a literal representation of reaching
out to our community to care for our dear neighbors.
Keywords: St. Joseph Health, Napa , RN Manager Home Health, Other , Napa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!