Demo Chef: On-Call
Company: The Culinary Institute of America
Posted on: June 6, 2021
The Culinary Demonstrator has the overall responsibilities of
planning, preparing and delivering cooking demonstrations with a
high degree of professionalism, presenting to both public and
private parties on the campus.
- Plan, prepare and deliver public and private demonstrations at
the CIA California Campus locations.
- Follows methods as set out in the distributed recipes to avoid
the possibility of confusing attendees.
- Demonstrate culinary techniques that are adopted as
professional in standard and, most importantly in accordance with
CIA professional culinary demonstrations.
- In collaboration with California Enthusiast team, increase and
influence attendance to public cooking demonstrations by ensuring
guests receive a fresh and entertaining learning experience.
- Refer to, explain and assist in verbally selling CIA programs
in education, wine programs, flavor discovery, career discovery and
custom programs as necessary. Pay special attention to minimize
references to other competing culinary institutions.
- Plan and execute component and cheese tray setups for Public
Wine and Beverage Studies as well as assist with SIG conferences
and Special Events staffing requests when applicable.
- Order food and supplies for demonstrations as needed with a
focus on preventing waste.
- Ensure that all orders for food and beverage are placed within
the correct category to maintain accurate and thorough tracking of
costs for programs. Be accountable for food cost relating to
Enthusiast programs and stay within guidelines set forth.
- Encourage store sales of equipment that is being used for the
- Work with audio/visual support to present professional looking
audio/video compliments to culinary demonstrations. Be trained
satisfactorily on the AV systems ensuring you can operate all
systems if required to do so.
- Provide written copies of culinary demonstrations (recipes) to
public in attendance.
- Ensure that the space for the culinary presentations is
maintained in a clean and professional manner.
- Provide culinary support for guest chefs and demonstrators as
- Maintain payroll for student employees using SETA, adhering to
all policies disclosed regarding timesheet submission deadlines and
- Actively engage in professional development to further your
culinary knowledge and demonstration techniques.
- Any and all other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum four (4) years of professional culinary
- Familiar with global cuisines, preparation techniques, and
- Familiar with the greater Napa Valley region.
- Familiar with volume food service, fine dining, multi-unit, and
- Familiar with the wine and beverage industry.
- Degree in Culinary, Baking and Pastry, or Hospitality related
- Culinary Institute of America graduate preferred.
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills; ability to be
adaptable, dependable and handle multiple priorities
- Outstanding culinary skills.
- Excellent written, verbal communication, and presentation
skills required. Must have demonstrated ability in organizational,
time management, problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Must be computer literate with ability to use Microsoft Suite
and PDF files.
- Must be available to work nights and weekends based upon
- Must be able to work at both locations of the CIA California
Campus (Copia in Napa, CA and Greystone in St. Helena, CA). Must
possess own transportation in order to travel between locations
during the work day as required.
- Regular work requires a great deal of sitting, standing,
lifting, bending and stretching.
- Must be able to stand for 8 hours.
- Ability to work in extreme temperatures hot and cold for
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
Keywords: The Culinary Institute of America, Napa , Demo Chef: On-Call, Other , Napa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!