Referral Associate, Days, PRN
Company: Adventist Health NW
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Adventist Health is more than an award-winning health system. We
provide whole-person care to our communities and champion the
greater good - from the operating room to the boardroom, we are
driven by our unique passion to live God's love through health,
wholeness and hope. From Oregon to Oahu, we have a calling to
always do more. Now is your chance to apply your passion to our
We're looking for someone to join our team as a Referral
Coordinates and completes referrals including acquiring and
verifying third party information, obtaining and arranging
appointments and tracking. Works on routine assignments within
defined parameters, established guidelines and precedents. Follows
established procedures and receives daily instructions on work.
- Communicates with ordering providers and nursing regarding
insurance authorizations, denials, peer-to-peer review requests and
scheduling difficulties with referrals to providers.
- Takes telephone requests for authorizations. Prepares referral
requests. Informs patients of appointment information and
- Maintains electronic health record (EHR) referral documentation
to reflect actions on specific referrals (including adding incoming
referrals that were not generated from the electronic health record
(HER)). Maintains referral resource document.
- Schedules referral appointments with appropriate department or
referred to provider. Tracks referral patient compliance and
communicate with referring provider as necessary regarding patients
refusing service and patients not showing up to a referral
- Submits retroactive authorization requests as needed.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
You'll be successful with the following qualifications:
- High School Education/GED or equivalent: Preferred
- Associate's / Technical Degree or equivalent combination of
education/related experience: Preferred
- Certified Nurse's Assistant (CNA), Medical Assistant (MA), or
medical terminology course: Preferred
Adventist Health is committed to the safety and wellbeing of our
associates and patients. Therefore, we require that all associates
receive all required vaccinations, including, but not limited to,
measles, mumps, flu (based on the seasonal availability of the flu
vaccine typically during October-March each year), etc., as a
condition of employment, and annually thereafter. Medical and
religious exemptions may apply.
Keywords: Adventist Health NW, Napa , Referral Associate, Days, PRN, Other , Napa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!