Harvest Cellar Intern - Stags' Leap Winery
Company: Treasury Wine Estates
Posted on: May 25, 2020
Stags Leap Winery is looking for hard working and dedicated
harvest interns for 2020 Successful candidates will have the
opportunity to work with luxury Napa
Located at the heart of Stags Leap District, the original Stags'
Leap Winery (est. 1893) continues a proud winemaking heritage in
the prestigious appellation that bears the winery name. At this
240-acre estate, a unique terroir and an ideal microclimate support
a classical standard of viticulture, land use and winemaking that
is as relevant today as it was a century ago.
You will have the opportunity to gain experience in most aspects of
harvest, we try to make sure everyone is trained on multiple tasks
(workload permitting) including pump overs, sanitation, barrel
filling, sampling and additions, crushpad operation, inoculations,
rackings, grape receival, fermentation monitoring, pressing, and
other duties as needed.
Successful candidates must:
- Have an understanding of fruit processing and fermentation
- Be dependable and flexible to work overtime, weekends and
- Forklift skills/certification are a plus, but not
- Able to perform strenuous physical labor as described
- Previous experience in cellar/winemaking a plus, but not
- Must be able to provide your own housing, transportation and
- Non-U.S. citizens must secure a J-1 Visa
The job also involves:
- Occasional exposure to elements, wind, rain, sun, etc. 5-10% of
- Frequent exposure to eye, back, wrist and elbow strain,
airborne particles, caustics, chemicals, fumes and odors.
- Occasionally required to lift 50 pounds.
We typically start in the middle of August and finish in late
November / early December. All applicants must possess a positive
attitude, have the ability to follow verbal and written instruction
in English, be detail oriented, and a desire to produce high
Interns will be required to work to be able to work in a team
environment and individually and most importantly have fun!
If you are interested in applying for a position, please send your
resume and cover letter detailing your experience to:
Keywords: Treasury Wine Estates, Napa , Harvest Cellar Intern - Stags' Leap Winery, Other , Napa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!