Team Leader 2-TAPP Label
Company: G3 Enterprises
Posted on: March 9, 2023
G3 Enterprises is an industry leader in packaging, logistics, real estate and minerals solutions. Our diverse portfolio of businesses create a variety of opportunities for career growth. We believe in fully leveraging the talent within our organization, presenting employees with challenging work, opportunities for job rotations, special projects, and a changing landscape. Apply Today! We Exist for You to Succeed.
SummaryResponsible for individual and team development, quality performance, cost parameters, and service to customers (internal and external). Responsible for a team of individuals with varying levels of experience and education. Uses in-depth training in manufacturing, distribution, or supply chain processes, and leads team members through resolving problems and improving performance. Has broad influence on the organization both cross-shift and cross-functionally in helping to manage the business and drive improved performance.
This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
* Communicates and interprets overall organizational directives and applies them to Team and individual objectives.
* Acts as liaison, representing the Team in general, interfacing and influencing other functions in the organization.
* Manages or provides input to management regarding individual team member performance, training and development.
* Directly supervises and oversees the day-to-day operations of a group of employees to assure a smooth workflow; develops team to solve own day-to-day operational issues.
* Plans the overall operations of one or more areas or units and ensures achievement of goals and objectives either directly or through subordinate staff.
* Organizes and facilitates work team meetings.
* Initiates, implements and manages projects with a short- to mid-term focus.
* Participates in the design of formal training programs.
* Conducts presentations and formal training programs for audiences of varying levels of sophistication.
* Ensures a safe working environment; conduct safety programs.
* Ensures GMP.
* Monitors and ensures achievement of goals, objectives, and timelines.
* Continuously improves and achieves or surpasses budget results with respect to waste, efficiencies, speed, quality, downtime, cost and other performance measures.
* Directs and coordinates process improvement activities and projects to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget.
* Develops, interprets and ensures the consistent application of organization policies.
* Develops or approves recommendations to change systems, policies and procedures; ensures timely and accurate implementation.
* Establishes deadlines.
* Works cross-functionally to improve processes within the organization.
* Assigns, monitors and review the progress and accuracy of assigned work.
* Estimates personnel needs and ensures adequate staffing in order to meet pre-established completion dates and production demands.
* Maintains satisfactory attendance, to include timeliness.
* Responsible for understanding and complying with applicable quality, environmental and safety regulatory considerations. If accountable for the work of others, responsible for ensuring their understanding and compliance.
* This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
* Develops, coaches and mentors peers, indirect and subordinate staff.
* If accountable for the work of others, conducts performance evaluations; reviews and communicates salary adjustments; rewards employees or takes disciplinary action, as necessary; addresses complaints and resolves issues.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Bachelor's degree plus 3 years Operations experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility; OR High School diploma or State-issued equivalency certificate plus 7 years of operations experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
* Candidates for this position must have a valid driver's license and a safe driving record. Required to obtain a California driver's license or appropriate state driver's license within 30 days of hire.
* Skilled in the use of MS Word, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint at an intermediate level.
* Required to work an off-shift (swing or graveyard), when necessary.
* Previous supervisory experience.
* Required to lift and move up to 50 pounds
* Bachelor's degree plus 5 years Operations experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
* Pass the Farnsworth-Munsell 100-Hue Color Vision Test with a Superior score.
* Experience reading, analyzing and interpreting common scientific and technical journals, financial reports and legal documents.
* Experience responding to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
* Experience effectively presenting information to top management, public groups and boards of directors.
* Experience with MS Access.
* Skilled in applying advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations and permutations. Skilled in applying mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory and factor analysis.
* Experience defining problems, collecting data, establishing facts and drawing valid conclusions. Experience interpreting an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and dealing with several abstract and concrete variables.
* Experience handling unusual or difficult inquiries/situations through direct personal action or referring to the appropriate individual.
* Experience influencing others.
* Experience working with all levels and functions within the Company.
* Demonstrates team building, leadership and mentoring skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The employee may also occasionally be exposed to extreme cold and high, precarious places. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
Perks & Benefits
Keywords: G3 Enterprises, Napa , Team Leader 2-TAPP Label, Hospitality & Tourism , Napa, California
here to apply!