Registered Nurse II, Emergency Department
Company: Sutter Health
Location: Pope Valley
Posted on: November 15, 2023
Organization:SLH-Sutter Lakeside HospitalPosition Overview:
-Provides professional nursing care for patients. Under the general
direction of the Manager, the Registered Nurse I or II
independently uses the nursing process to safely, compassionately,
therapeutically and efficiently provide individualized care for a
group of patients for which the nurse demonstrates age specific
competencies. Uses information from a variety of sources to assess,
plan, implement and evaluate the results of patient care. May
supervise the work and function for other Registered nurses, and
nursing assistants. The nurse has access to Protected Health
Information as needed to accomplish the accountabilities as
outlined in this job description. This includes access to the
patient's medical record.
SIGN ON BONUS: $20,000. Available to external candidates in
accordance with the Sutter Health policyJob
- Equivalent experience will be accepted in lieu of the required
degree or diploma.
- Associate's: Diploma or Associate's Degree in Nursing
requiredCERTIFICATION & LICENSURE
- RN-Registered Nurse of CaliforniaPREFERRED EXPERIENCE AS
TYPICALLY ACQUIRED IN:
- RN I: Entry level with less than one year of recent acute care
- RN II: Greater than six months recent acute care nursing
- RN III: Voluntary designation earned using collective
bargaining agreement RN III Career Ladder ProgramSKILLS AND
- Communicates effectively in English (verbal and written).
- Has effective skills in communication and interpersonal
- Has the flexibility to adapt to new and changing situations.
- Has the ability to think critically and set priorities.
- Participates as a collaborative member of the Patient Care
- Demonstrates the basic knowledge and skills necessary to
provide age-specific care to patients serviced, including knowledge
of the principles of growth and development and psychosocial
characteristics and interpreting age appropriate data for the
populations served in the department.
- Demonstrates appropriate communication and patient education
skills for the patient population served.
- Demonstrates basic computer skills and use of office equipment
(e.g., fax machine, scanner, etc.).
- Demonstrates competencies required by department (per initial
orientation and annual review). Working knowledge of established
safety topics (e.g., Infection Control, Electrical Safety,
Disaster) as required by department and organizational
standards.Job Shift:EveningsSchedule:Full TimeShift Hours:12Days of
the Week:VariableWeekend Requirements:Every other
WeekendBenefits:YesUnions:YesPosition Status: Non-ExemptWeekly
Hours:36Employee Status:RegularNumber of Openings:1This position
may regularly work, store, prepare, receive, unpack, transport,
dispose of, or administer drug(s) identified as hazardous, or
potentially hazardous, by the National Institute for Occupational
Safety and Health (NIOSH) for purposes of USP 800.Sutter Health is
an equal opportunity employer EOE/M/F/Disability/Veterans.Pay Range
is $59.19 to $80.10 / hourThe salary range for this role may vary
above or below the posted range as determined by location. This
range has not been adjusted for any specific geographic
differential applicable by area where the position may be filled.
Compensation takes into account several factors including but not
limited to a candidate's experience, education, skills, licensure
and certifications, department equity, training and organizational
needs. Base pay is just one piece of the total rewards program
offered by Sutter Health. Eligible roles also qualify for a
comprehensive benefits package. Schedule/Shift: Regular/
Keywords: Sutter Health, Napa , Registered Nurse II, Emergency Department, Healthcare , Pope Valley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!