Staff Nurse II, Labor & Delivery
Company: Sutter Health
Location: Pope Valley
Posted on: September 21, 2023
Organization:SSRRH-Sutter Santa Rosa Reg HospitalPosition
Overview: -Provides professional nursing care for patients. Under
the general direction of the Manager, the Staff Nurse II
independently uses the nursing process to safely, compassionately,
therapeutically and efficiently provide individualized care for a
group of patients for which the nurse demonstrates age specific
competencies. Uses information from a variety of sources to assess,
plan, implement and evaluate the results of patient care. May
supervise the work and function for other staff nurses, licensed
vocational nurses, nursing assistants and clinical support
- Associate's in Nursing requiredCERTIFICATION & LICENSURE
- RN-Registered Nurse of California Upon Hire
- BLS-Basic Life Support Healthcare Provider Upon HireEXPERIENCE
- Six-month recent professional nursing experience.
- At least one year recent experience in Labor and Delivery,
desired.SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Communicates effectively in English (verbal and written).
- Has effective skills in communication and interpersonal
- Has the flexibility to adapt to new and changing situations.
- Has the ability to think critically and set priorities.
- Demonstrates basic computer skills.
- Participates as a collaborative member of the Patient Care
- Demonstrates the basic knowledge and skills necessary to
provide age-specific care to patients serviced, including knowledge
of the principles of growth and development and psychosocial
characteristics and interpreting age appropriate data for the
populations served in the department. Demonstrates appropriate
communication and patient education skills for the patient
- Demonstrates competencies required by department (per initial
orientation and annual review). Working knowledge of established
safety topics (e.g., Infection Control, Electrical Safety,
Disaster) as required by department and organizational
standards.Job Shift:NightsSchedule:Part TimeShift Hours:8Days of
the Week:VariableWeekend Requirements:Every other
WeekendBenefits:YesUnions:YesPosition Status: Non-ExemptWeekly
Hours:28Employee Status:RegularNumber of Openings:1This position
may regularly work, store, prepare, receive, unpack, transport,
dispose of, or administer drug(s) identified as hazardous, or
potentially hazardous, by the National Institute for Occupational
Safety and Health (NIOSH) for purposes of USP 800.Sutter Health is
an equal opportunity employer EOE/M/F/Disability/Veterans.Pay Range
is $67.62 to $89.74 / hourThe salary range for this role may vary
above or below the posted range as determined by location. This
range has not been adjusted for any specific geographic
differential applicable by area where the position may be filled.
Compensation takes into account several factors including but not
limited to a candidate's experience, education, skills, licensure
and certifications, department equity, training and organizational
needs. Base pay is just one piece of the total rewards program
offered by Sutter Health. Eligible roles also qualify for a
comprehensive benefits package. Schedule/Shift: Regular/
Keywords: Sutter Health, Napa , Staff Nurse II, Labor & Delivery, Healthcare , Pope Valley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!