Registered Dental Assistant - Dental Van Outreach
Company: Providence Health & Services
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Description We are looking for a Dental Assistant for the Dental
Van Outreach Department at Queen of the Valley Medical Center.
Location: Napa, CA Work Schedule: On Call / Per Diem Shift: 8-hour,
Days Job Summary: Under direct supervision, the Registered Dental
Assistant serves as a chair-side dental assistant and performs
dental procedures within the scope of practice. Responsible for
taking digital x-rays, operatory set-up and clean-up, and stocking
of supplies. Provides patient/family oral health education and
instruction. Essential Functions:
- Performs dental care and services for patients, including
coronal polish, under the dentist's supervision and assists dentist
- Prepares operatory for patient care.
- Takes digital x-rays. Document procedural notes electronically
and maintains consent forms for treatments.
- Communicates with patients and family members and/or translates
for dentist to explain scope of treatment, oral hygiene, pre and
post procedure instructions, and answer questions.
- Provides timely follow-up contact and documentation for all
patients who have had a complex dental procedure.
- Ability to perform front office tasks, including
scheduling/confirming patients, collecting payments, and checking
- Performs data entry, including input into Dental Software
Systems (EagleSoft, EPIC), and other waiting room/office tasks as
- Recommends ordering of dental supplies and materials to the
dentist or Mobile Dental Coordinator.
- Has access to and/or handles medications according to the
standards set by the Medical Center. Skills:
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Word processing / computer skills and familiarity with front
office procedures preferred.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Knowledge of sterilization and operatory set-up
- Knowledge of taking digital x-rays.
- Familiar with electronic Dental software management.
- Ability to schedule and confirm appointments in a timely and
orderly manner. Minimum Position Requirements: Education:
- Coursework/Training - Training in infection control, X-ray
safety, OSHA standards.
- Coursework/Training - Training in operation of 39 foot mobile
dental clinic (training may be done upon hire).
- CA Registered Dental Assistant license.
- Valid CA Drivers License.
- Current Healthcare Provider BLS certification.
- X-ray license.
- Coronal polish certificate and Sealant Certificate Preferred
Position Qualifications: Licenses/Certifications: Certified
Interpreter - English/Spanish About Providence At Providence, our
strength lies in Our Promise of "Know me, care for me, ease my
way." Working at our family of organizations means that regardless
of your role, we'll walk alongside you in your career, supporting
you so you can support others. We provide best-in-class benefits
and we foster an inclusive workplace where diversity is valued, and
everyone is essential, heard and respected. Together, our 120,000
caregivers (all employees) serve in over 50 hospitals, over 1,000
clinics and a full range of health and social services across
Alaska, California, Montana, New Mexico, Oregon, Texas and
Washington. As a comprehensive health care organization, we are
serving more people, advancing best practices and continuing our
more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable.
Requsition ID: SR357685 Company: Providence Jobs Job Category:
Clinical Specialty Job Function: Clinical Care Schedule: Per-Diem
Shift: Day Career Track: Clinical Support Department: 7810 COMM
HLTH MBL DENTAL Address: CA Napa 1000 Trancas St Providence is
proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not
discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability,
veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin,
sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status,
genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state,
or federal law.
Keywords: Providence Health & Services, Napa , Registered Dental Assistant - Dental Van Outreach, Healthcare , Napa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!