Pharmacy Medication Data Technician - Pharmacy
Company: St. Joseph Health
Posted on: June 19, 2022
We are looking for a Pharmacy Medication Data Technician the
Pharmacy Department at Queen of the Valley Medical Center.
Location: Napa, CA
Work Schedule: Full Time - 80 Biweekly Hours
Shift: 8-hour, Evenings
Under the direct supervision of the pharmacist in charge, is
responsible for collecting a complete and accurate medication
history from patients being admitted to Queen of the Valley Medical
Center (QVMC). May also work in the Inpatient Pharmacy, as
* Communicates clearly with all members of the health care team
including physicians, Lead RN, staff nurses, and ancillary
* Completes accurate medication data collection with each person
being admitted. Collects and compiles a complete and accurate list
of patient's home medications including over the counter drugs and
herbal supplements including drug name, strength, dosage, route,
frequency and last dose taken in a timely manner.
* Seeks and records accurate information regarding all of the
patient's home medications, any known drug allergies and reactions
from the patient, family or primary physician in a manner that is
professional and non-invasive.
* Follows up on all questionable items within medication history by
seeking information from appropriate sources such as family,
primary physician, or pharmacy.
* Uses electronic medical records system to record home medication
* Reviews admitted patient's home medication lists for accurate and
complete information as requested by physicians and nurses as time
* Collaborates with all members of the health care team to review
the patient's medication list for any discrepancies, including
duplications, omissions, interactions or
* Has access to and/or handles medications according to the
standards set by the Medical Center.
* Meets all expectations of the Pharmacy Technician (certified) job
description and works as an inpatient pharmacy technician, as
* Preferred: Bilingual (English/Spanish).
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills with people
with diverse backgrounds and all levels with in the organization
and in the community.
* Ability to create and foster a cooperative team work
* Knowledge of pharmacy operations.
* Ability to perform accurate and timely data entry regarding
* Basic computer skills.
* Knowledge of commonly used prescription drugs including
brand/generic names available dosages, frequencies and
* Meditech familiarity.
* Ability to have patience with sick and/or aging patients.
Minimum Position Requirements:
* Current Pharmacy Technician certification.
* National certification from the Pharmacy Technician Certification
Board required within six (6) months of obtaining position.
Preferred Position Qualifications:
Experience: 1 year Outpatient Pharmacy Technician experience.
For 50 years, Queen of the Valley Medical Center has been the
premiere medical facility in the Napa Valley. Our long history of
providing high quality and caring service is founded on four core
values: Compassion, Dignity, Justice, Excellence and Integrity.
These central principles inspire us to reach out to those in need
and to help heal the whole person-mind, body and spirit.
Queen of the Valley Medical Center combines the region's most
qualified physicians and staff with the most advanced technology
available. Because we have such high standards of care, our
programs have been recognized regionally and nationally for their
demonstrated success of outcome and care which is par with
Queen of the Valley Medical Center provides equal employment
opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age,
disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements,
Queen of the Valley Medical Center complies with applicable state
and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every
location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies
to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting,
hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall,
transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Positions specified as "on call/per diem" refers to employment
consisting of shifts scheduled on as "as needed basis" to fill in
for staff vacancies.
Keywords: St. Joseph Health, Napa , Pharmacy Medication Data Technician - Pharmacy, Healthcare , Napa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!