Respiratory Care Practitioner
Company: St. Joseph Health
Posted on: February 14, 2021
We are looking for a Respiratory Care Practitioner - NUHW
(National Union of Healthcare Workers) with the Respiratory Therapy
at Queen of the Valley Medical Center.
Location: Napa, CA
Schedule: On Call/Per Diem
Shift: 12-hour Nights
Under minimal supervision, provides routine, critical and emergency
respiratory care services to all patients.
Ages of Patients Served: Infant/Toddler (0-3), Children (4-12),
Adolescent (13-20), Adult (21-64), Geriatric (65+)
Employee must demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to
communicate with and provide care appropriate to the age of the
patients served. Age-specific needs that the employee is required
to know and understand will be reviewed and evaluated during job
specific/department specific orientations and ongoing
- Delivers routine, critical and emergency respiratory care
consistent with department policies and procedures, utilizing all
medications, devices and equipment safety and accurately.
- Follows up with timely and accurate completion of appropriate
- Participates in and accepts new procedures willingly. Evaluates
new techniques and equipment as introduced/requested.
- Provides education for patients, families and healthcare
- Has access to and administers or handles medications according
to this position's license or certification standards and Medical
- Ability to exercise critical thinking skills in an environment
which includes varying, unpredictable and crisis
- Ability to communicate professionally.
- Ability to evaluate a situation from many perspectives,
consider various alternatives and choose a course of action
consistent with Medical Center/departmental policies.
- Organizational skills and ability to set priorities.
- Data entry skills.
- Education to meet certification, license or registration
- Current California RCP (Respiratory Care Practitioner)
- Current Healthcare Provider BLS certification.
- Current ACLS certification.
- Current NRP certification.
- Current PALS certification.
Preferred Position Qualifications: Experience:
- Experience in Critical Care and Level II Nursery.
- Registration with Respiratory Therapist Board of Respiratory
Care (NBRC). For 50 years, Queen of the Valley Medical Center has
been the premiere medical facility in the Napa Valley. Our long
history of providing high quality and caring service is founded on
four core values: Compassion, Dignity, Justice, Excellence and
Integrity. These central principles inspire us to reach out to
those in need and to help heal the whole person-mind, body and
Queen of the Valley Medical Center combines the region's most
qualified physicians and staff with the most advanced technology
available. Because we have such high standards of care, our
programs have been recognized regionally and nationally for their
demonstrated success of outcome and care which is par with
Queen of the Valley Medical Center provides equal employment
opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age,
disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements,
Queen of the Valley Medical Center complies with applicable state
and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every
location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies
to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting,
hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall,
transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Positions specified as "on call/per diem" refers to employment
consisting of shifts scheduled on as "as needed basis" to fill in
for staff vacancies. My Profile Create and manage profiles for
future opportunities. --- Queen of the Valley Medical Center, Napa,
Keywords: St. Joseph Health, Napa , Respiratory Care Practitioner, Healthcare , Napa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!