Chief Financial Officer - CFO, Queen of the Valley Medical Center- Napa
Company: St. Joseph Health
Posted on: January 12, 2021
Chief Financial Officer - CFO, Queen of the Valley Medical
Center- Napa The--Ministry CFO, Queen of the Valley Medical
Center--is a member of the service area leadership decision-making
team and sits on local ministry leadership teams. This position is
accountable for working with the local and regional leaders for
setting strategies and for leading efforts to achieve operational
goals and budgets for the service area and ministries as well as
assisting the service area team with delivering on transformation
efforts. The Ministry CFO will also assist with representing the
service area and ministries as well as assisting the service area
team with delivering on transformation efforts. The Ministry CFO
will also assist with representing the service area or local
ministries in a finance leadership role with joint ventures and
related boards or management teams as assigned by the Regional CFO.
This person will have shared accountability for service area and
local operations and partners closely with system shared services
representatives to achieve results. The Ministry CFO reports
directly to the Regional CFO with a matrixed line to the Service
Area and/or local ministries Chief Executives. KEY
- Carry out the mission, vision and values of Providence St.
- Provide leadership to ensure achievement of services area
operating results and strategies as delegated by the Regional CFO
and Service Area CEO.
- Work with the service area leadership teams to solve problems
and implement strategies or tactics that improve the financial
performance of the service area.--
- Drive the details and strategy for service area budgets.
- Manage to appropriate financial benchmarks and reporting
indicators for the budgets.
- Assist the service area CEO with monthly operating
- Serve on joint venture boards or committees as delegated by
- Be accountable for working closely with shared services
partners in revenue cycle (local revenue leadership committees),
system accounting and reimbursement on monthly financial reporting,
resource engineering and hospitality on supply and other
performance improvement projects.--
- Serve as the finance liaison on local or geographic boards and
committees as appropriate; communicate to core leaders and
employees regularly on financial related items. Oversee and assist
the regional CFO with managing relationships with key shared
services partners such as Revenue Cycle, Real Estate and Facilities
(RECF), Resources Engineering and Hospitality (REH), and System
Accounting and Finance. Oversee and Assist the regional CFO with
managing relationships with key shared services partners such as
Revenue Cycle, Real Estate and Facilities (RECF), Resources
Engineering and Hospitality (REH), and System Accounting
- Signature authority on appropriate documents and in concert
with state and/or federal organizations to bind PSJH in accordance
with the system authority matrix.-- QUALIFICATIONS: Required
education/experience for this position include:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance; or related
- 12 years of Finance experience.
- 10 years in a leadership role.--
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial data.--
- Ability to analyze information, evaluate results to choose the
best solution and solve problems.--
- Demonstrated problem solving skills.--
- Knowledge of financial principles and practices and the ability
to apply them effectively.--
- Effective written communication skills as appropriate for the
needs of the audience.
- Ability to develop and deliver effective presentations; live,
via online or virtual mediums.
- Excellent collaboration and team building skills.
- Ability to effectively build relationships with customers,
executive management, and other stakeholders through positive
interaction and problem identification and resolution.
- Broad knowledge and understanding of the trends and changes
taking place in health care.
- Ability to represent the company with external
- Demonstrated high level of accuracy, even under pressure.
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities and to organize workload
to ensure that timeframes are met and the work is successfully
completed within deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to define, develop, and analyze
performance measures and metrics.
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Demonstrated planning and project oversight/management
- Demonstrated skills in project plan design and implementation;
directing projects, coordinating the work of operational teams, and
managing project budgets.
- Ability to effectively manage project deadlines and escalate
issues as appropriate.
- Working knowledge of desktop software applications (e.g., MS
Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, Internet, Email).
- Knowledge of basic office practices, procedures, machines and
- Demonstrable working knowledge of spreadsheet, database, word
processing and desktop publishing software.
- Knowledge of the use of health information technology to
improve care (eg: electronic medical records, disease registries,
websites, IVR).-- Preferred education/experience for this position
- Master's Degree in Accounting of Finance related field.--
- Certified Public Accountant, and other certifications such as
HRMA or FACHE. The people of St. Joseph Health have worked for 53
years to improve health and quality of life in California's North
Bay region, starting in Sonoma County, where the Sisters of St.
Joseph of Orange opened the doors of Santa Rosa Memorial Hospital
in 1950. Today, we continue the mission begun by the Sisters and
continued through the St. Joseph Health Ministry of extending the
healing ministry of Jesus to those we serve through an integrated
spectrum of primary, urgent, acute, outpatient, palliative care and
regional referral services. Sonoma County entities aligned with St.
Joseph Health include the 278-bed Santa Rosa Memorial Hospital, the
region's only Level II trauma center, as well as the 80-bed
Petaluma Valley Hospital. Our services also encompass three Urgent
Care centers, Hospice of Petaluma, Memorial Hospice and North
County Hospice, the Annadel Medical Group, as well as the St.
Joseph Home Care Network. We act as a regional referral hub for
outlying hospitals, while also providing outpatient behavioral
health care, education to promote health and prevent chronic
disease, rehabilitation, oral health care, community benefit
programs, and more, all fostering health and quality of life
throughout the area.
St. Joseph Health provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to
all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
In addition to federal law requirements, St. Joseph Health complies
with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in
employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment,
including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination,
layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and
Positions specified as "on call/per diem" refers to employment
consisting of shifts scheduled on as "as needed basis" to fill in
for staff vacancies. My Profile Create and manage profiles for
future opportunities. --- Queen of the Valley Medical Center, Napa,
Keywords: St. Joseph Health, Napa , Chief Financial Officer - CFO, Queen of the Valley Medical Center- Napa, Healthcare , Napa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!