Veterans Preferred - Branch Manager II
Company: US11335-AIRGAS Airgas, Inc.
Posted on: November 17, 2023
Military Veterans are Encouraged to Apply. -R10030693 Branch
Manager II (Open)
Napa, CA - Retail shop
How will you CONTRIBUTE and GROW?
The position pays $60,000. to $75,000 plus Quarterly Bonus
The Branch Manager is responsible for all critical issues of the
branch, including retail sales, sales growth,
budgeting, attainment gross margins, and all operational expenses.
Other key areas of responsibility include
safety, customer service, inventory levels, accounts receivable,
and resolution of personnel issues. Schedule and
follow-up on deliveries, pre-call customers before scheduled
deliveries. Schedule staffing to ensure excellent
customer service at all times. Coach, mentor, and plan for
development of direct reports.
- Responsible for adherence to company policies including safety
and the use of personal protective equipment. Ensure any injury or
accident is reported immediately, and investigated promptly.
- Responsible for managing P&L goals and objectives for the
branch location. Control costs and monitor fiscal performance
compared to budget utilizing the EBITDA tool.
- Assist outside salespersons in all facets including but not
limited to preparing quotes, maintaining all required literature,
providing customer follow-up, and gathering sales leads.
- Maintain and upgrade selling skills and technical/product
knowledge for the branch.
- Maintain a positive work environment for the branch in all
direct or indirect communications.
- Provides backup support to sales representatives with order
entry and customer inquiries.
- Coordinating with territory sales personnel to grow market
sales and margins.
- Manages and oversees the branch inventory, daily inventory
cycle counts and maintains showroom and warehouse appearance.
- Oversees reoccurring orders process for the branch on a daily
- Posts daily cash and charge orders for all tickets.
- Manages daily reconciliation of cash and bank deposits.
- Responsible for daily, weekly, quarterly and annual reporting;
such as open order edit list, quote list, purchase orders, invoice
simulation and more.
- Ensures that internal and external customers receive prompt
acknowledgment and service in a pleasant manner.
- Manages associate training in procedural areas such as
following all Airgas Operating Standards and safety
- Lead, coach and mentor associates; this will include positive
motivation and performance evaluation, coaching, providing regular
feedback, communication of goals, leading regular team meetings and
- Recruit, retain and develop the necessary team to ensure
success for branch goals.
- Provides leadership and management direction to associates with
day-to-day operations of the retail store including compliance,
retail sales, warehousing and distribution.
- Manages work hours and approves overtime in timekeeping system.
Responsible for maintaining hours within established budget.
- Responsible for managing truck distribution, maintenance, and
- Maintains store in a clean and orderly manner.
Are you a MATCH?
- High School diploma or equivalent; Bachelor's Degree preferred
in business management, finance or similar.
Required Length and Type of Experience:
- Basic product knowledge of welding, safety, gases and
- Requires two to five years of experience in an industrial
retail, inside sales, customer service, inventory control, and/or
industry related operations position.
- Two to five years experience managing and building teams
through effective leadership preferred.
- SAP or similar software system experience. Intermediate skills
operating a computer in Windows based environment is
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA's):
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; well
organized; creative problem solving; strong service orientation;
strong interpersonal skills and ability to influence, work
independently and as part of a team.
- Must be able to excel in a deadline oriented environment and
demonstrate a high level of competence in organizing and
prioritizing multiple work assignments.
- Ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at
all organizational levels.
Your differences enhance our performance
At Airgas, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive
workplace that embraces the diversity of our employees, our
customers, patients, community stakeholders and cultures across the
We welcome and consider applications from all qualified applicants,
regardless of their race, gender, sexual orientation, religion,
disability or any other protected characteristic. We strongly
believe a diverse organization opens up opportunities for people to
express their talent, both individually and collectively and it
helps foster our ability to innovate by living our fundamentals,
acting for our success and creating an engaging environment in a
Equal Employment Opportunity Information
We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified
applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran
status, or any other protected characteristic.
Please click here to view the EEO Know Your Rights poster and here
to view the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination poster. Airgas, an
Air Liquide Company invites any applicant and/or employee to review
the Company's written Affirmative Action Plan or Policy Statement.
This plan or policy statement is available for inspection upon
request by contacting Human Resources at 844-myHR4AG
Airgas, an Air Liquide Company and its group of companies does not
discriminate against qualified applicants with disabilities and is
committed to providing reasonable accommodations to the known
disabilities of such individuals so as to ensure equal access to
benefits and privileges of employment. If you are an individual
with a disability and would like to request a reasonable
accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please
contact us by phone at 844-myHR4AG (844-694-7424) or by email to
Keywords: US11335-AIRGAS Airgas, Inc., Napa , Veterans Preferred - Branch Manager II, Executive , Napa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!