Assistant Director of Finance
Company: Aimbridge Hospitality
Posted on: March 15, 2023
The Assistant Director of Finance is responsible for overseeing the
smooth and efficient processing of accounting related information
according to Aimbridge Hospitality standards. Exempt associates are
expected to work as much of each workday as is necessary to
complete their job responsibilities (OEM associates are required to
work a minimum of 47.5 hours per work week).
Exempt managers must customarily and regular direct the work of at
least 3 full-time associates or their equivalents. Primary duties
must consist of administrative executive or professional tasks more
than 50 percent of the time and job duties must also involve the
use of discretion and independent judgement more than 50 percent of
the time. -
- At least 5 years of progressive experience in a hotel or a
related field; or an Associate's degree and at least 3 years of
related experience; or a Bachelor's degree and at least 1 year of
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office operating system ability
to manipulate and troubleshoot spreadsheets type memos and reports
and handle basic PC problems.
- Supervisor experience required.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly. Must be
able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action
quickly and accurately.
- Must work well in stressful high pressure situations.
- Must maintain composure and objectivity under
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace
including anticipating preventing identifying and solving problems
- Must have the ability to assimilate complex information data
etc from disparate sources and consider adjust or modify to meet
the constraints of the particular need.
- Must be effective at listening to understanding clarifying and
resolving the concerns and issues raised by coworkers and
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information
and data and basic arithmetic functions.
- Maintains regular attendance in compliance with Aimbridge
Hospitality standards as required by scheduling which will vary
according to needs of the hotel.
- Maintains high standards of personal appearance and grooming
which includes compliance with the Aimbridge Hospitality dress code
and wearing name tag when working (per brand standards).
- Approaches all encounters with guests and associates in an
attentive friendly courteous and service oriented manner.
- Maintains a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Complies at all times with Aimbridge Hospitality standards and
regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel
- Familiar with the organization of Aimbridge Hospitality Hotels
and know the function of each department.
- Oversees the duties of General Cashier with responsibility for
the daily reconciliation of Rooms Food Beverage and House
- Oversees and maintains the Over/Short log.
- Maintains controls for all cashier banks in the hotel.
- Oversees the Accounts Receivable function including but not
limited to the proper posting of all city ledger payments daily
according to the Daily Mail Cash Receipts (DMCR) and ensuring a
trace system is in place for AR collection calls.
- Reviews all bank deposits -------Due Backs-----_ and bank
change orders and ensures they are handled according to Aimbridge
- Maintains responsibility for the billing of accounts
- Responsible for the Hotel Credit Policy and detailed knowledge
of Hotel receivables.
- Conducts credit meeting weekly with the accounting team and
monthly with General Manager.
- Maintains record of approved direct billing accounts.
- Processes returned checks and credit card chargebacks according
to Aimbridge Hospitality standards.
- Performs the Accounts Receivable Balancing function at least
once each month.
- Maintains the Special Operating Account and the Petty Cash Fund
according to Aimbridge Hospitality standards.
- Vouchers A&G and PT & EB invoices utilizing the Purchas
Order and Checkbook Accounting procedures according to Aimbridge
- Ensures all hotel invoices are submitted to Corporate Accounts
- Performs the Income Audit on a daily basis using the Income
Audit Checklist to maintain and ensure the accuracy of the
- Ensures that the Daily Income Journal (DIJ) is completely
accurately each day and submitted to corporate per Aimbridge
- Reconcile Credit Cards and cash daily.
- Prepares and submits the Corporate Flash Report on the dates
specified in the Monthly CENTRAL ACCOUNTING Calendar.
- Completes monthly checklist and sends in month-end package
according to CENTRAL ACCOUNTING calendar.
- Monitors the Front Office and Night Audit agents' work for
proper accounting procedures.
- Oversees the training of all Night Audit personnel in regards
to their accounting related responsibilities.
- Processes bi-weekly payroll and be prepared for
- Ensures all new hire paperwork and any employee changes are
processed on PAFs and submitted in to Payroll in a timely
- Produces weekly productivity every Tuesday as
- Computes worked hours for payroll compilation.
- Ensures associates are at all times attentive friendly helpful
and courteous to all guests all other associates and
- Property applies state and local laws affecting payroll wage &
hour taxes etc.
- Records requests for associate benefits and monitors use (i.e.
vacation time employee benefit room nights sick time
- Responsible for records storage management in accordance with
- Maintains a professional working relationship and promotes open
lines of communication with managers employees and other
- Familiar with Aimbridge Hospitality's Standard Operation
Procedures in Accounting Human Resources and Loss Prevention and
house rules including appropriate hospitality terminology;
Encourages awareness among other hotel managers.
- Attends weekly staff meetings and provides training on a
rotational basis using the steps to effective training according to
Aimbridge Hospitality standards.
- Participates in required MOD coverage as scheduled.
- Maintains confidentiality of sensitive infomation as
- Performs random house bank audits a minimum of once per
- Assists in the counting of food beverage and guest supplies
- Assists the Director of Finance and GM in reviewing the general
ledger and financial statements with the various department
- Assists in developing Night Audit staff for promotion within
the hotel and/or company.
- Performs any other duties as requested by the Director of
Finance and General Manager.
Although there's plenty to do in the Napa Valley Wine Country, many
of our guests find that once they're here, they don't want to
leave. One of the best Napa Valley resorts, Carneros Resort and Spa
makes it easy to settle in and relax, offering everything you need
for a self-contained vacation.
The Carneros Resort and Spa's design was based on cues from the
local countryside - including barns, silos and ranchers' cottages -
combined with stylish resort accommodations and modern interiors to
capture the region's distinct charm as well as the needs of our
sophisticated guests.Our Guests choose from one of our 86 luxurious
cottages, 10 perfectly appointed two-bedroom suites or expansive 2
and 3 bedroom homes.
Relax at our infinity edge adult pool and hot tub overlooking the
rolling hills and vineyards of Carneros or our family pool area
with an elevated deck with shade trellis infinity edge lap swimming
pool, children's pool, hot tub and Snack Shack.
THREE FULL-SERVICE RESTAURANTS
Once you've settled in at Carneros Resort and Spa, you may never
want to leave. Luckily, you don't have to, with an abundance of
Napa Valley dining options located right on the premises.
Our Executive Chef takes full advantage of the finest local,
organic, and sustainably raised ingredients. Our culinary garden
allows us to pick the freshest ingredients right on our grounds,
and we craft our own breads, pastries, and charcuteries. What we
don't make or grow onsite, we try to source within a 150-mile
radius of the Resort for the ultimate in flavor and freshness.
As the global leader in third-party hotel management, our growing
portfolio represents over 1,550 hotels in all 50 states and 22
countries, from top international lodging brands to luxury hotels,
destination resorts and lifestyle hotels. Our associates around the
globe are passionate about serving our guests and driving
exceptional results, and thrive in a culture where everyone is
inspired to be the best. Join a world of possibility with Aimbridge
After an initial waiting period, those hired into full time
positions are eligible for a competitive benefits package that
includes the following:
- Now offering Daily Pay! Ask your Recruiter for more
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Income
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401k Retirement Plan
Keywords: Aimbridge Hospitality, Napa , Assistant Director of Finance, Executive , Napa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...