Director of Operations
Company: Visit Napa Valley
Posted on: January 21, 2023
Visit Napa Valley - is the official destination management
organization for Napa County. We promote the region as an
attractive travel destination and enhance its public image as a
dynamic place to visit, live and work. Our strength is in
relationship building and we're proud to set the standard for
success in our industry.
To help us continue growing, we're seeking an experienced Director
of Operations to join a talented and lean team. The ideal candidate
will have management experience in a trade organization, public
office sector or in the scope of travel and tourism. You are a
data-driven, experienced business leader who can sort through the
ambiguity and abundance of information and data to find and
effectively communicate key metrics and relevant statistics and
facts.The role requires outstanding organizational, communication,
and leadership skills and an ability to develop effective
relationships that foster success, creativity and structure. The
Director of Operations will be a member of the executive team and
will work closely with Marketing, Communications and the CEO to
strategize and develop long-term plans that usher in new levels of
productivity and success for our partners and the Napa Valley.
In this role, you will:
- Oversee the day to day operations of the business development,
sales, partnership and Welcome Center teams for Visit Napa
- Be a hands-on tactical leader who is responsible for
developing, deploying, and sustaining operational excellence.
- Lead, coach and inspire a team to successfully funnel business
to VNV Partners via conference, group and luxury tourism travel
channels, partnerships and the Welcome Center.
- Focus not only on work product and process, but also on
successful and positive relationship development both inside and
outside the organization.
- Collaborate with senior managers in the development of
performance goals and long-term operational plans.
- Maximize efficiency and productivity through extensive process
analysis and interdepartmental collaboration.
- Set strategic goals for operational efficiency and increased
- Work with the Controller in the development of financial and
- Analyze current operational processes and performance,
recommending solutions for improvement where necessary.
- Act as a conduit between the Executive team and other
departments to filter strategies from leadership that apply to each
realm as well as communicate department needs back up to the
- Develop, implement, and monitor day-to-day operational systems
and processes to provide visibility into the goals, progress, and
obstacles of key initiatives.
- Draw on relationships with department heads, external partners,
and vendors to make decisions regarding operational activity and
- Plan, monitor, and analyze key metrics for day-to-day
operations to ensure efficient and timely completion of tasks.
- Adhere to the company's policies and standards, and ensure that
laws and regulations are being followed.
- Work closely with Human Resources to lead the team with
integrity and to establish and maintain a trusting, inclusive, and
- Manage business development efforts with consumer, trade and
group customers in a hand-on and thoughtful manner.
- In collaboration with the Visit Napa Valley marketing team
ensure pull-through of brand messaging through all touch
- Oversee statistical database, reporting systems, performance
measures and operating budget.
- Locate, compile and present relevant data reports.
- Manage and maintain Simpleview CRM with clean and accurate
- Become proficient in consumer, partners, meeting sales,
tour/travel and events modules to maintain consistency across all
- Track information for follow up and partner benefit data
- Provide monthly metrics outlining the lead generation, definite
bookings and sales activity of market segments.
- Collaborate with the marketing and communications teams to
synthesize key insights and trends, and then share messaging with
partners, elected officials, community members, and visitors.
- Develop and monitor KPI's to evaluate ROI; track and
communicate results on a regular basis to stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain relationships with Visit Napa Valley
partners to be familiar with product and services available to all
- Develop and manage relationships with target International &
Domestic trade organizations (Visit CA, SF Travel, Virtuoso,
Signature Travel Network, etc.) to design and implement domestic &
international tourism sales, strategies and budget for group and
- Work with them to collect market research and keep departments
informed of trends and opportunities.
- Identify existing markets and develop new markets in the
conference and group industry and create sales opportunities for
- Collaborate with the Marketing and Communications Departments,
stakeholders and partners to ensure cohesive messaging and that the
Napa Valley is always presented and positioned in an appropriate
- Develop and maintain knowledge of all Napa Valley hotel
facilities and services providers within the Napa Valley.
- Oversee Welcome Center performance in guest services, staffing,
operating budget, guest data collection, partner referral, retail
operations, and the implementation of health and safety protocols
in public areas.
- Be a passionate and enthusiastic champion for our Visit Napa
Valley brand, our key messages and year-round campaigns, and our
programs in the community. Encourage engagement of hospitality
Required Skills and Experience:
- 10 or more years in a leadership role in a field related to our
industry, preferably within the Napa Valley.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Masterful organizational, communication, and leadership skills,
backed by previous professional success.
- Superior knowledge of multiple operational functions and
principles, including finance, customer service, and employee
- Proven ability to plan and manage operational processes for
maximum efficiency and productivity.
- Ability to streamline or implement structures and roles that
boost speed and efficiency while supporting rapidly shifting
- Strong working knowledge of industry regulations and legal
- Expertise in data analysis, translating robust data into
summaries to be reported out at regular intervals to stakeholders
at all levels
- Demonstrated history of building relationships with internal
stakeholders and external partner organizations.
- Proven track record of developing and managing successful B2B
- Proven success in developing teams and championing a positive
and inclusive culture.
- Earn trust across a range of levels and disciplines to
establish yourself and the team as a trusted partner.
- Connect and inspire people to drive effective teamwork,
communication, collaboration and commitment across multiple groups
with competing priorities.
- Proven ability to manage projects and process in a positive and
time sensitive way.
- Demonstrated strong written and oral communications and
- Superb judgment and emotional intelligence.
- Excellent prioritization and time management skills.
- Technically savvy.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Thorough knowledge of the travel industry to effectively target
key markets with measurable results. Experience with the hotel
industry is a plus.
- Destination Marketing Organization or Association experience
Keywords: Visit Napa Valley, Napa , Director of Operations, Executive , Napa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!