F&B Manager ("Gerente de Alimentos y Bebidas") - Cambria Napa
Company: AZUL HOSPITALITY MASTER
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Cambria Hotel Napa Valley - Napa, CA
Manage and organize the Food & Beverage functions within the
outlets of the hotel in order to maintain high standards of food &
beverage quality, service, and merchandising to maximize profits.
Ensure a positive guest experience, taking ownership of situations
and following up on every request.
- Plan and direct the functions of the F&B Outlets to meet
the daily operation needs.
- Support and manage the hotel F&B Outlets while working
closely with Hotel Manager and other hotel department
- Responsible for short and long term planning of all outlets
including Restaurant, Bar, and In-Room Dining.
- Maintain consistent communication with vendors and suppliers
for timely rollout of seasonal food options.
- Direct monthly/quarterly/annual inventories; prepare and submit
inventory reports to accounting in a timely manner.
- Develop and implement creative strategies for revenue
enhancement and cost containment.
- Develop the department budget, marketing plans and objectives.
Manage within those approved plans.
- Implement schedules for the operation of restaurants, bars and
in room dining teams to achieve profitable results.
- Collaborate with the culinary team, in the creation menus
designed to attract a predetermined customer market.
- Consult with the Sales Manager and banquets team on an ongoing
basis, as well as with other departments as necessary.
- Manage the payroll and time & attendance for the F&B staff.
- Implement effective control of food, beverage and labor costs
- Establish and achieve predetermined profit objectives and
desired quality standards of food, service, cleanliness,
merchandising and promotion.
- Conduct orders of food and beverage supplies.
- Stay up to date on brand requirements and changes to the
- Responsible for maintaining quality of food product and
ensuring consistency in food delivery and standards.
- Ensure attendance at all mandatory meetings.
- Lead and coach the team towards achieving exceptional guest
service and staff satisfaction results.
- Responsible for maintaining high energy, positive attitude, and
- Regularly review and evaluate the degree of customer acceptance
of the restaurant and bar. Recommend to management new operating
and marketing policies whenever declining or constant sales imply
dissatisfaction by the customers, a material change in the make-up
of the customer market, or a change in the competitive
- Continuously evaluate the performance and encourage improvement
of the staff members in the food and beverage department.
- Arrange, provide, and supervise training of new staff members
to include familiarization of property, standard operating
procedures, and policies. Cross-train staff members in all
positions within their area of responsibility and all types of
equipment to perform their duties, in addition to successful
implementation and follow-up checklists. Ensure that all staff
members are retrained as needed.
- Serve as a role model to all staff members, adhering closely to
policies and procedures, practicing the highest standards of
performance. Set the highest possible example in conduct,
temperament, punctuality, and standards of work.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this
position may be required to perform a combination of the following
supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each
function to be solely determined by the manager based upon the
particular requirements of the hotel:
- Assist with any guest inquiry.
- Follow all company and safety and security policies and
- Report maintenance problems, safety hazards, accidents, or
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by direct and
- Environmental conditions are inside, a job is considered inside
if staff spends approximately 75 percent or more of the time
inside. Temperature is moderate and controlled by hotel
- Must be able to work in extreme temperatures like freezers (-10
-F) and kitchens (+110 -F), possible for one (1) hour or more.
- Must be able to sit at a desk for up to four (4) hours per day.
Walking and standing are required the rest of the working day.
Length of time of these tasks may vary from day to day and task to
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to
four (4) hours in length.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability to maneuver between
functions occurring simultaneously.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space and
to reach other departments of the hotel on a timely basis.
- Must be able to lift up to 45 lbs. as needed.
- Must be able to push and pull carts and equipment weighing up
to 250 lbs.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking,
repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening, and hearing
ability and visual acuity.
- Hearing, smelling, tasting, and visual ability to observe and
distinguish product quality and detect signs of emergency
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of
communicating with other staff, guests, and supervisors.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual
functions being those of near and color vision and depth
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill
cleaning tasks occasionally.
- Must have finger dexterity to be able to operate office
equipment such as computers, printers, 10-key adding machine,
multi-line touch tone phone, filing cabinets, FAX machines,
photocopiers, dolly, and other office equipment as needed.
- Ability to work primarily with fingers to pick, pinch, type and
carry out substantial movements (motions) of the wrists and hands
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and
abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can
perform the essential functions of the job, with or without
reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of
knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary
language used in the workplace.
- Requires good communication skills, verbal, written and
- Considerable knowledge of complex mathematical calculations and
- Must have excellent leadership capability and customer
- Must be detail oriented with outstanding organizational and
- Must possess intermediate computer skills.
- Must Possess basic computational skills.
- Knowledge of computer programs, math skills as well as
budgetary analysis capabilities required.
- Ability to analyze, foresee user needs, and makes judgments to
ensure proper tools are provided at property level.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external
customers some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact
and diplomacy and collect accurate information to resolve
- Knowledgeable about basic function of Windows OS, MS Office,
PMS, PBX, Key system, and POS.
- Self-driven and able to work independently.
- Exceptionally strong in issue resolution and proven analytical
skills with a strong attention to detail
- Thorough knowledge of federal, state and local laws governing
equal employment opportunity and civil rights, occupational safety
and health, wage and hour issues, and labor relations, including,
but not limited to the following statutes and their state and local
analogues (where applicable): Title VII, ADEA, Equal Pay Act,
Pregnancy Discrimination Act, FLSA, ADA, OSHA, FMLA, and NLRA.
- Thorough knowledge of food products, standard recipes, and
- Ability to distinguish product quality, taste, texture, and
presentation and observe preparation.
- Ability to conduct meetings, menu briefings and maintain
communication lines between line staff and departmental
- High school or equivalent education required.
- Bachelors Degree preferred.
- 3-5 years Food & Beverage operation experience required.
- 1-2 years management experience required.
- Culinary, sales and service background required.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS
- Must be at least 21 years of age to serve alcohol.
- Safe Server Alcohol & Food Handlers certification
- Ability to provide and maintain a valid drivers license as the
position may require the operation of motorized and electric
Exempt Staff Members are not covered by the overtime provisions and
do not receive overtime pay. Exempt Staff members are paid a fixed
salary that is intended to cover all the compensation to which they
All Staff Members must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed
appearance per Azul Hospitality standards. Refer to the property
specific required grooming and uniform standards policy.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be
established by Azul Hospitality, from time to time, is essential to
the successful performance of this position. Staff with irregular
attendance / tardiness will be subject to disciplinary action, up
to and including termination of employment. Upon employment, all
staff is required to fully comply with Azul Hospitality rules and
regulations for the safe and effective operation of the hotels
facilities. Staff members who violate hotel rules and regulations
will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including
termination of employment. Due to the cyclical nature of the
hospitality industry, staff members may be required to work varying
schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. In addition,
attendance at all scheduled training sessions and meetings is
required. This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive
list of all job functions that a staff member in this position may
be asked to perform from time to time.
Keywords: AZUL HOSPITALITY MASTER, Napa , F&B Manager ("Gerente de Alimentos y Bebidas") - Cambria Napa, Executive , Napa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!