Non-Profit Executive Director
Posted on: April 9, 2021
Non-Profit Executive Director Position DescriptionIf you are an
experienced Executive Director with a background in fundraising,
community relations and organizational management, we have a unique
opportunity to work for a rapidly growing, mission-driven nonprofit
that directly impacts the lives of people throughout Napa County.
The organization is an all-volunteer county-wide nonprofit Fire
Safety organization that has been operating successfully for 17
years. Their mission is to reduce the risk and impacts of wildfires
primarily through fire fuel reduction efforts in Napa County and
through community education on defensible space and home hardening.
They are achieving this through local, state, and federal grants,
and private fund-raising. With a massive increase in community
support and funding, they are now in need of an Executive Director
to provide the leadership in its efforts to allocate grant monies,
sustain and/or increase funding for strategic initiatives,
encourage grassroots local efforts, educate citizens about direct
mitigation efforts for wildfires, and build relationships between
federal, state, and local entities. Major Responsibilities
- Oversight and administration of grants
- Fiscal management, budget development, cost analysis/tracking,
and audit reports
- Developing and maintaining external community relations and
internal operational activities.
- Agency/governmental agency relationships with federal, state,
and local elected officials.
- Communications management via website, events, social media,
broadcast and/or print media.
- Program/project development, strategic goals, objectives
planning and implementation. (10%)
- Managerial/supervisory responsibilities of the day-to-day
- Development Outreach and Fund Raising Qualifications
- Previous non-profit or executive level management
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability and
success working productively with diverse groups of varying
interests, business communities, non-profit organizations,
governmental entities and the public.
- Experience developing, manage, and reporting monthly variance
reports for program and organizational budgets.
- Experience managing/leading a small staff.
- Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration,
Non-Profit Management preferredDesired
- Experience and success soliciting funding to sustain or
increase funds from individuals, federal and state agencies,
philanthropic organizations, and corporations.
- Knowledge of and experience with forest health and wildfire
issues in California.
- Financial accounting experience with private, state, and
federal grant regulations, and environmental laws that apply to
large wildfire management projects within CA. This is an immediate
need and the manager is seeking to set up interviews and make a
hiring decision ASAP. For immediate consideration, please email
your resume in Word format, along with the best time and number to
Keywords: Ascent, Napa , Non-Profit Executive Director, Executive , Napa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!